According to the National Pest Management Association, almost all pest control professionals have treated bed bugs in 2018. A majority of them claim that the prevalence of these species of pests is increasing and now they amount to 66%. Bites are reported in more than 90% of cases of bed bug infestations while over 50% of the people living in infested homes need medical help to treat bites and welts. Isn’t it the plague of the 21st century?
What are the new techniques developed by scientists in the field of bed bug control? Using strong insecticides on beddings is an effective but unsafe way to get rid of these insects. Are there prospects for an eco-friendly approach to dealing with these pests? This is a concern of many professionals and homeowners. Indeed, those who will develop a revolutionary solution to a bed bug problem will save millions of people from allergies and skin issues. A noble mission, isn’t it? We invite you to take part in the discussion on this topic and share your views and findings with our audience.
StopPestInfo has opened a Scholarship program for students in biology, entomology, and related fields. An applicant should write an essay on the following topic: The Promising Methods of Bed Bug Control. Will science win? Is a breakthrough to be expected? The winner will be awarded a check in the amount of $1,000.
- You will need to write an essay about this year’s chosen topic: The Promising Methods of Bed Bug Control. Will science win? Is a breakthrough to be expected?.
- The essay should be unique, creative, and include URL citations. The content length should be 500-1500 words.
- The submission should be created in the doc format.
How to apply
To submit your content, please fill out the below Google Form:
- Full Name, Address, Contact Number
- Name of the College/University
- Student ID Proof
- Area of Course Undertaken
- Contact Phone Number
How Do We Pick The Winner?
The StopPestInfo editorial team will examine all the submissions and pick the best essay.
The winning essay will be chosen in accordance with the following criteria:
- novelty and creativity
- use of statistics
- value of the content
- quality of writing
- Any student from a college or university located in any country can take part in the program. It is free of charge.
- The submissions will pass a plagiarism checker as only unique content is allowed.
- Check whether your university or college takes part in this scholarship.
- Only students who are currently enrolled in colleges or universities are permitted to take part in the program.
- Payment. Once the winner is determined, the StopPestInfo administration will get in touch with him or her to send a 1,000-dollar check to the college or university where the student is enrolled. The award is intended to be used for study purposes.
- The winner’s submission will be published on the StopPestInfo website.
- The private data of the program participants will be protected. In no case will the data be sold or otherwise disclosed to third parties.
By submitting their essays, the program participants grant permission to StopPestInfo to use and publish these submissions.
In case you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us at the email: [email protected]
Submission Deadline: December 15, 2019.