“Once I couldn’t sleep all night because of mosquitoes bites…” So begin many of the stories of the users of Stinger Insect Zapper. Has this story been known to you as well? It goes on according to one and the same pattern – itching, swelling of bitten area, big red stains, and the state of drowsing for the whole day. Spray repellents are almost of no use, and what concerns citronella sticks, they may be used only outdoors – what is left to do with mosquitoes in a house? The solution is Stinger Cordless Rechargable Insect Zapper, the real killer of flying monsters.
Give our Product Review based on customers’ reviews a proper appreciation!
Short product description
- Portable, cordless and rechargeable
- Attracts and kills insects within a 625 sq. ft. radius
- 3.5 hour run time with lantern-only feature
- Black UV light technology attracts up to 40 percent more insects than white UV light
- Indoor/outdoor use
Pros of Stinger Cordless Rechargable Insect Zapper:
- Unlike the other similar devices, this one can be used effectively both as indoor and outdoor bug zapper, as it follows from the description given by the manufacturer. The fact is confirmed by the customers themselves:
“I originally bought this to use outside on my patio as the amount of bugs and Mosquitos is insane! Although I didn’t see much of a difference outside, when I brought it inside to charge it, I found that it is a fantastic indoor option”.
- The design is well thought over to use the device comfortably:
“There is a removable tray at the bottom of it that slides out – and when it slides out, a switch deactivates the killing grid to prevent accidental touch”.
- It can work effectively without any baits:
“I don’t even use the lure because I am afraid of what It may attract. Works well without it, and the design is great. Has made a big difference in the amount of flyers in my house. Would recommend to anyone”.
“Great device. Works well even without the chemical lure. Have used it a few times and no issues so far. I like the fact that it can be used with or without the lure or a wall plug”.
Cons of product:
- Some customers have been disappointed with the device because it hasn’t been able to solve their particular problem:
“ The stinger work beautifully for the first 4 night inside of our trailer. The light was on and I could hear “Zappers” all the time. Every morning I emptied tray with barbecued insects. On the 5th day the lamp was on but I didn’t hear “zappers”. Next morning I have emptied tray with perfectly live and happy mosquitos and bugs”.
“I have turned on the zapper and hung it on a shepherd’s hook at one corner of the patio. I still get bites and I didn’t notice any mosquitoes being zapped. I checked the drawer as well and didn’t see any bugs. I was very excited to try this, so I am disappointed”.
Features of using:
- It is charging for about 3 hours, after it can run on batteries for 4-5 hours.
- It kills tiny insects very well but what concerns big ones, it is difficult for them to reach the source of light.
- The regime of LED lights is not of great value as these are not very bright.
- Many customers have noticed that “it works ok for a small area”.
Tips from customers:
- If you use Stinger Insect Zapper at open air, be careful to take it away when it is rain:
“To clean the insects stuck inside the grid, I hose it down about once a week and let it dry out in the sun before next use. Highly recommended, especially for South Florida residents”.
Questions and answers about Stinger Cordless Rechargable Insect Zapper
Can I apply it in my bedroom?
Yes, because it is harmless. If you are not touched by the abundance of dead insects in the tray of the device, then use it without doubt in your bedroom.
My wife wants to know whether she can take the thing to the beach to protect herself from mosquitoes. I say it is out of place. Who of us is right? Help!
In theory, it wouldn’t be out of place considering that Stinger Zapper runs on batteries and is portable, …nevertheless, it is better to use it at night when the black color of UV bulb attracts mosquitoes. If you prefer to visit the beach at night, then, of course, take it with you!
Does the unit have a cord?
No, it has only a recharger. A cord is not needed since zapper is used without network connection. It is only batteries operated.
Is it necessary to hang the device on? Can I put it on table?
You can hang it on a ring or put it on any flat surface – table, shelf, floor.
What is the easiest way to clean the device?
The tray under the device is pulled out easily so you can remove dead midges. Also you may use compressed air (there are such balloons among the accessories intended to care for computers) or a hose, in the last resort. Good luck!
Specs of product:
Product Dimensions: 7.4 x 7.4 x 15.4 inches
Shipping Weight: 3.2 pounds